Eligibility Criteria for CAT 2018:
To start the application process, a candidate must satisfy the CAT eligibility criteria.
The eligibility criteria for CAT 2018 is as follows:
- The candidate must possess a Bachelor’s Degree from a recognised institution with minimum 50% marks or an equivalent CGPA.
- Students who are studying in their last year can apply for CAT 2018.
- The percentage a candidate obtains in bachelor’s degree is calculated using conversion schemes followed by the concerned university/institution. In the case of grades/CGPA, the conversion would depend on the equivalent certificate awarded by the concerned university/institution and that score can be used to satisfy CAT eligibility.
- If there is no percentage conversion scheme, the applicant’s CGPA is divided by maximum possible CGPA and the result is multiplied by 100 and that is used to check CAT eligibility.
- CAT 2018 Reservation Scheme:
- The CAT reservation scheme is as follows:
- CAT Reserved SC applicants: 15%
- CAT Reserved ST applicants: 7.5%
- CAT Reserved OBC applicants: 27%
- CAT Reserved Physically challenged applicants: 3%
- Candidates coming under the above criteria have to score minimum 45% in graduation to be eligible for CAT 2018.
- Note: The candidate will only be able to appear for CAT if he/she has satisfied the CAT Eligibility Criteria.