Eligibility criteria for CLAT 2018:
Educational qualifications required for the candidates who want to pursue an undergraduate program:
- The minimum percentage of marks in the qualifying examination (i.e., 10+2), the CLAT 2018 aspirant must have scored is as follows:
(a) Forty-five percent (45%) marks in case of candidates belonging to Unreserved /OBC /Specially Abled Persons (SAP) and other categories, and
(b) Forty Percent (40%) marks in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST categories.
- Candidates who are appearing in the qualifying examination in March/April 2018 are also eligible for appearing in CLAT 2018 online examination. However, they shall be required to produce an evidence of their passing the qualifying examination at the time of admission, failing which they shall lose their right to be considered for admission.
- Students with a compartment in 12th also are eligible to apply for CLAT 2018.
- The result of qualifying examination (i.e., 10+2) shall be submitted by the candidate at the time of admission failing which the candidate shall be ineligible for admission to the Course.
- Higher marks in the section of legal aptitude in CLAT 2018 exam, higher age and computerised draw of lots are the different ways in which ties are broken if two candidates score equal marks in CLAT 2018.
Age criteria for CLAT 2018:
- To be eligible to appear for the CLAT examination 2018, candidates from general category must not be older than 20 years as on July 1st, 2018.
- Candidates from SC and ST category should not be less than 22 years as, on July 1st, 2018 or they aren't eligible.
- There is no upper age limit specified and candidates above the specified age limit are eligible to apply for the CLAT exam.
- Only candidates who have appeared and passed the in the qualifying exam are eligible to write the CLAT. The candidates who have written the supplementary are also eligible to appear for CLAT provided they produce proof of having cleared the supplementary.
Note: Only Indian candidates and NRIs are eligible to apply for the examination.