Eligibility Criteria for CPT:
- Candidates who wish to appear for CPT must enure to check the eligibility criteria, important dates and timings of the exam before applying.
- Candidates who want to appear CPT 2017 examination must register before 4th August 2017, And apply before the registration ends that is on 1st September 2017.
- Applicants who have completed the 10+2 examination or equivalent can appear for CPT and register for the professional course.
- There is no age limit to be eligible for CPT.
- Students who are already registered for the professional course with ICAI are eligible to appear for CPT.
- CPT is exempted for Graduates, Post Graduates and the students having equivalent degrees. Commerce graduates with 55% and other graduates with 60% can directly appear for IPCC.
- Candidates who have completed their bachelor's degree in an Open University, those candidates are exempted from Entrance exam
Qualifying Marks for the Common Proficiency Course:
As per terms and conditions of the Council, The decision is taken on 317th meeting in pursuance of Notification No.I-CA(7) dated 1st August 2012. And made effective from CPT held in DEC 2013 and Onwards, The requirement of passing the Common Proficiency Test is as follows.
The candidate must score a minimum of 50% of marks in CPT 2017 exam, which is the overall average marks he/she has to score. That is nothing but the minimum of 30% marks in each section.
Reservation for CPT 2017 Exam:
There is no Reservation scheme announced from the authority, Hence all the candidates are treated the same to apply for CPT exam, either he/She is Gen/SC/ST/OBC.