Eligibility Criteria for ICAR 2018:
For Under Graduate Programme (ICAR AIEEA-UG):
- Must have passed 10+2 Senior Secondary Examination of the Central Board of Secondary Education or any other equivalent examination with any one of the subjects: Biology/Mathematics/ Agriculture/ Home Science; The candidate must have secured not less than 50% marks in aggregate for General, OBC, and UPS categories. (40 % for SC/ST and Physically handicapped categories).
- Final year candidates are also eligible to apply but they have to produce 10+2 pass certificate with appropriate % marks during counseling.
- To be eligible for admission in the Universities specifically located in non-Hindi speaking areas, the candidate must have passed English as a core subject in 10+2 examination.
- Candidate with a compartment/ supplementary in any of the subjects will not be eligible.
- The candidate must be Indian Nationals.
- The candidate must be at least 17 years of age and not more than 23 years to be eligible to apply for the examination.
- Relaxation of age will not be allowed to the candidate of any category.
For Post Graduate Programme (ICAR AIEEA-PG)
- Indian nationals who have passed (or appear in the final examination) their Bachelor degree in the field of Agriculture, Veterinary, Agricultural Engineering, Fisheries, Horticulture, Home Science, Sericulture, Dairy Technology, Dairy Engineering, Forestry, Agri. Marketing Banking and Cooperation, Food Science & Technology, Biotechnology, Process & Food Engineering, Computer Science, Basic and allied sciences under 10+2+5, 10+2+4 Years degree programs are eligible.
- The candidates must have secured Overall Grade Point Average (OGPA) of at least 6.60/10.00 in ten-point scale, 3.25/5.00 in five-point scale, 2.60/4.00 in four-point scale for General, OBC and UPS categories whereas for SC/ST/Physically Handicapped (PH) candidates the said requirement is an OGPA of at least 5.60/10.00, 2.75/5.00, 2.20/4.00 respectively.
- In other cases, where grade-points are not awarded and only marks are awarded, the candidate must have secured at least 60% marks for General, OBC, and UPS categories whereas for SC/ST/PH the requirement is 50% marks. (Please note that Equivalence between OGPA and % marks will not be acceptable).
- For admission in the subject of Veterinary Sciences (M.V.Sc.) programs, the candidate must have passed B.V.Sc. & A.H. with Internship before the date of registration in the Universities.
- The minimum age limit shall be 19 years.
- No relaxation is admissible regarding the minimum age limit.