Eligibility Criteria for JEE Advanced 2018Only the candidate who has cleared the JEE Mains are eligible to appear for JEE Advanced.In addition to clearing the JEE Mains, every candidate must fulfil the following eligibility criteria:Eligibility Criteria 1: Performance in JEE Mains.
- The candidate should be among the top 2,20,000 (in all categories) to have cleared the JEE Main.
- The candidate must also have a positive score in paper 1 of JEE (Mains ) 2018 for being eligible to JEE Advanced.
- The candidate must secure a minimum of 75% if General/OBC and 65% if SC/ST/PwD in 12th or equivalent class.
- The candidate must be in the top 20 percentile of successful candidates in their respective class 12 board exams.
- If the candidate passes class 12 in 2017 and is rewriting one/all of the required subjects in 2018 for improvement or any other reason, then the aggregate percentage is calculated using the maximum marks in the required subjects.
- The candidate can attempt JEE Advanced a maximum of two times in consecutive years.
- Those candidates who appeared for JEE Advanced 2017 will also be eligible to write JEE Advanced 2018.
- Those candidates whose results for the academic year 2015 - 2016 were declared after June 2016 will be eligible to appear for JEE Advanced 2018.
- The candidate must've appeared for the 12th class for the first time in 2017 or 2018.
- Candidates must have been born on or after 1st October 1992 are eligible.
Five years relaxation is given to SC and ST candidates, i.e., these candidates should have been born on or after 1st October 1987.
- A candidate should NOT have been admitted in an IIT/ISM (irrespective of whether or not he/she continued in the program) OR even accepted the IIT/ISM seat by reporting at a institutes reporting centre in the past.
- The candidates whose admission at IITs or ISM was cancelled are also NOT eligible.
- The candiate who has been admitted to a preparatory in any of the IITs for the first time in year 2017 can appear in JEE (Advanced) 2018.
- The candidates who have paid seat acceptance fee but not accepted the seat (by not reporting at any reporting centre during joint seat allocation in 2016) are eligible to appear in JEE(Advanced) 2018.