Joint Entrance Examination [JEE Main] 2018 Application Process:
- The Application Process for JEE Main is quite tiring for the lot and may appear to be a bit of extra work at times.
- The candidates are needed to carefully follow the steps which are mentioned below to keep away from any disparities during the application procedure of JEE Main 2018.
- Before starting up on the application form for JEE Main 2018, candidates should ensure he has the accompanying the required documents at hand.
- In order to appear in JEE (Main) and JEE (Advanced) 2017, the candidates are required to apply only online as per procedure detailed below
Applying Online and Submission of Application:
- The online submission of particulars, uploading of scanned photograph and signature may be made at JEE (Main) website.
- The candidates should supply all the required details while filling up the online form.
- On submission of details, a Acknowledgement Page with Application No. shall be generated.
- Candidates are required to take printout of AcknowledgementPage and keep it for reference.
- The Acknowledgement Page is not required to be sent to JEE (Main) Secretariat.
- The application fee payment can be made:
- by credit/debit card/Paytm
- by depositing fee in cash in the Syndicate/Canara/ICICI/HDFC bank through e-challan generated during the online filling of application form.
Instructions for Applying Online:
- Before filling up the application form the candidate should have a scanned image of his/her photograph and signature.
- These scanned images are to be uploaded during the submission of application form.
- The photograph should be colour or b/w (but clear contrast) with name of the candidate and date of taking the photograph printed on it as shown below.
- It should be without cap or goggles. Spectacles are allowed. Polaroid photos are not acceptable. Candidates with unclear photograph are liable to be rejected.
- Candidates may keep 6-8 identical photographs in reserve for use at the time of entrance examination, Seat Allocation Process and Admission.
Application Form to JEE Main:
you can go to the Official Website and fill up the application form once you have the photograph, signature and thumb print at hand. Filling of Application form for JEE Main 2018 involves 3 distinct steps.
Step 1 : Registration to JEE Main:
- The students must visit the Official Website of JEE Main.
- All new candidates must click on “Apply for JEE Main 2018.” Already registered users can enter their JEE Main 2018 Application Number and Password to log in.
- Fill in your details as required on the Application Form (the details should be according to the current official data).
Mailing Address and Guardian Details
- Click on "Submit" after completely filling the Application Form correctly.
After the registration form is submitted, the students will get an Application Number, which should be kept securely for future use.
SPECIFICATIONS RELATED TO CHOOSING PASSWORD:
Applicants can go through the password related specifications that have to followed while setting their password:
- Password should be atleast 8 and maximum 13 characters long.
- Password should contain at least one uppercase alphabet, one lowercase alphabet and one numeric value.
- It should also contain one of the special characters ex. !@#$%^&*-
Step 2 : Uploading the scanned images:
- The photos of the candidate should be uploaded, scanned image of the thumbprint and signature in this stage, according to the dimensions and format as mentioned above.
- Candidates should remember that the pictures once uploaded can't be changed once more.So, it is mandatory to pay attention while uploading the images as these images will be provided on the Application Form.
- The registration of the application form won't finish until the images have been uploaded successfully. These images will be additionally utilized for the application form and also the admit card.
After submitting the final details, The candidate will recieve JEE Main 2018 Application Form number and the candidates will have to upload the photograph and signature, along with its specification as mentioned below:
Step 3 : Payment of Application form fees:
- After the registration is completed, you will be diverted to a protected secure portal.
- The candidate should pay the application form fee online or offline to finish the application form.The candidate should pay utilizing credit/debit card or by net banking an account in the event that they are selecting to pay the application frame charge on the web. The candidate will be furnished with an e-challan to pay the application form expense offline.
- After filling up the details in the fields provided on the payment screen, click on "Pay".
- The candidates need to take a printout of the payment/acknowledgment slip as a proof of payment of their JEE Main 2018 application form fees.
- After the payment is complete towards JEE Main, the candidates can log out, being effectively enrolled to JEE Main 2018.
The candidates after Step 2 are given the option of reviewing the JEE Main 2018 Application Form and proceed towards payment after submitting correct details.
For International Applicants:
All the International applicants of JEE Main 2018 have to ensure that the board from which they have completed their Class 12 is recognized by the Association of Indian Universities. The following conditions are applicable for all foreign applicants while filling the JEE MAIN Application Form 2018:
- OCI/PIO/Foreign candidates are not eligible for admission to NITs, IIITs, CFTIs through JEE Main Channel.
- State of Eligibility Rules: For Indian candidates qualifying from institutes outside India, they have to mention the state of eligibility on the basis of the permanent address of India as indicated in their passports.
- For the candidates belonging to Nepal /Bhutan/Foreign/OCI/PIO, State of Eligibility is not applicable. While filling the Board Name in the application form, the candidates belonging to Nepal /Bhutan/Foreign/OCI/PIO will select other.
- A valid foreign passport along with a residential permit in India granted for educational purpose or a Student Visa stating the duration of the educational program.
- The passing certificate of the Qualifying examination must have been recognized and approved by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) / Commonwealth Universities / International Association of Universities (IAU) as equivalent to the corresponding Indian Degrees/ Certificates.
- Besides, they can also access the “Student Registration Card Report” which will aid them in carrying out registration with the Foreigners Regional Registration Officer (FRRO)/Foreigners Registration Officer (FRO).