Eligibility Criteria for JKCET 2018
The Candidates must follow the eligibility criteria set by the Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examinations (BOPEE). The Candidates who do not satisfy the eligibility criteria are not allowed to apply for the JKCET entrance exam.
The criteria for eligibility for JKCET is as follows:
- The eligibility criteria for the candidates is to hold the citizenship of the state of Jammu & Kashmir to write JKCET.
- The Applicants must complete 17 years of age on or before 31st December 2018 to satisfy the eligibility criteria to write JKCET.
- The candidate must have passed 10th and 12th to satisfy the eligibility criteria to write JKCET.
- Candidates must pursue Biology, Physics, and Chemistry and English from recognised Board or University of Jammu and Kashmir to fulfill the eligibility criteria for JKCET.
- The candidate must have secured a minimum of 50% marks in English, Physics, Chemistry or Biology set as the eligibility criteria by BOPEE for JKCET.
- The SC and ST candidates must have secured a minimum of 40% marks in the same subjects set as eligibility criteria by BOPEE for JKCET.
Reservation for JKCET 2018:
- The candidates who are seeking admissions through JKCET 2018 reservation scheme must upload the attested copy of the valid reserved category certificate to fulfill the eligibility criteria.
- If the candidate fails to upload the certificate during the application process or the certificate is found invalid, then he will be treated as Open Merit Candidate during JKCET admission process.
- The seats under central pool will be allocated to the candidates on the basis of the merit ranks secured by them.
- Only JKCET 2018 qualified candidates will be considered for allotment of seats under this category.
- An affidavit that no other member of the family has got the benefit of this category is to be submitted by the candidates who are seeking admission through Central Pool seats.