Eligibility criteria for KMAT 2018:
Candidates appearing for KMAT examination must fulfil the minimum requisite qualification to be eligible for KMAT 2018. All the candidates can go through the eligibility criteria on which they will be considered qualified to take the examination. The minimum age required to be eligible to write KMAT is 21 years. There is no specific upper age limit to write KMAT. The KMAT eligibility criteria for the reserved category candidates is decided as per UGC guidelines.
For MBA courses:
Candidates looking to seek admission into MBA courses via KMAT must have-
- The eligibility criteria for the candidate is to have completed a three-year graduate degree post completion of 10+2, in any stream.
- The degree will have to be recognised by the state authority to be eligible.
- The minimum eligibility marks required at graduation level is 50 percent in every subject.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC/ PD categories should have a minimum of 40 percent in every subject to satisfy the eligibility criteria.
For MCA courses:
Candidates looking to seek admission into MCA courses via KMAT must have-
- The eligibility criteria for the candidate who desires to take MCA should have completed a Bachelor’s degree with 50 per cent marks.
- The candidate must have studied mathematics at 10+2 level or as a Major subject during graduation to be eligible to write KMAT.
- Candidates must have chosen Mathematics as their main subject in either in their graduation or 10+2 to be eligible.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC/ PD categories eligibility criteria is a minimum of 40 percent in every subject.
- Candidates in their final year of Bachelors degree are also eligible to apply for KMAT 2018
- These candidates are required to have completed their Bachelors Degree before the time of KMAT admissions.
- Candidates should secure percentage equal to or more than the minimum percentage set for the courses as eligibility criteria.
- If the candidates don't have the necessary documents supporting their claim of completion of Bachelor's Degree they can be removed from the process thereafter.
KMAT 2018 reservation policy:
The KMAT 2018 Reservation Policy is decided as per the UGC guidelines. The various KMAT 2018 Reserved categories are mentioned below:
- Scheduled Caste (SC)
- Scheduled Tribe (ST)
- Other Backward Classes (OBC)
- Person with Physical Disability (PC)
The candidates belonging to the Scheduled Caste (SC) are provided 15% Reservation of seats through KMAT 2018. The Scheduled Tribe (ST) is given a seat reservation of 7.5% through KMAT 2018. The Other Backward Classes (OBC) have a Reservation of 27% through KMAT 2018. The Persons with Physical Disabilities (PD) are given 3% horizontal reservation in each category.