Eligibility criteria for LEET 2018:
Candidates willing to apply for LEET 2018 must have the following the eligibility qualifications as specified by the state authority-
- Candidates should have passed Part 1 of B.Sc/B.Tech or have a Diploma in Engineering for the eligibility criteria.
- Candidates eligibility criteria is to be an Indian national or Person of Indian Origin or Overseas citizen of India.
- General candidates must have scored at least 45 per cent aggregate marks in the qualifying examination, set as the eligibility criteria by the state authority.
- The University has reserved quotas for scheduled castes, scheduled tribes, other backward classes and physically handicapped candidates. For such candidates, the aggregate marks to fulfil the eligibility criteria is the graduate level qualifying exam stands at 42.75 per cent.
- A quota is also reserved for Kashmiri migrants who are allowed up to 10 per cent cut-off relaxation as their eligibility criteria.
- These seats for Kashmiri migrants will be filled as per a supernumerary basis as per inter-se-merit of the percentage for the last qualifying examination. The process takes place online via www.techadmissionshry.gov.in. to get their eligibility criteria benefit.
- He/she must have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics for taking LEET and to satisfy the eligibility criteria.
- A candidate with a B.Sc 1st Year degree must have studied Engineering Drawing/Engineering Graphics at the same level with other subjects of 2nd year to fulfil the eligibility criteria.
- For those looking to get admission into the B.Arch programme, a certificate of qualification of part 1 in Architecture Engineering is the eligibility criteria.
- Reserved quota candidates need to have scored 40 per cent in the qualifying examination.
- For Physically Handicapped candidates this marks stands at 45 per cent as their eligibility criteria.
- According to AICTE norms, a maximum of 20 per cent seats sanctioned for candidates must be available for lateral entry into these streams via LEET.