Eligibility Criteria for UPSC NDA 2018
The eligibility criteria for the UPSC NDA 2018 consists of the rules and regulations that an applicant must ensure to have satisfied before he applies for the exam. The eligibility criteria for the UPSC NDA 2018 are as follows:
A candidate must either be
- a citizen of India
- a subject of Bhutan
- a subject of Nepal
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India
- Provided that a candidate belonging to the above categories shall be a person in whose favor a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
- Certificate of eligibility will not, however, be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal.
Age Limits, Sex and Marital Status:
- Only unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 02nd July 1998 and not later than 1st July 2001 are eligible.
- The date of birth accepted by the Commission is that entered in the Matriculation or Secondary School Leaving Certificate or in a certificate recognised by an Indian University as equivalent to Matriculation or in an extract from a Register of Matriculates maintained by a University which must be certified by the proper authority of the University or in the Higher Secondary or an equivalent examination certificates.
- These certificates are required to be submitted only after the declaration of the result of the written part of the examination. No other document relating to age like horoscopes, affidavits, birth extracts from Municipal Corporation, service records and the like will be accepted.
- The expression Matriculation/Higher Secondary Examination Certificate in this part of the instruction includes the alternative certificates mentioned above.
- Candidates should note that only the date of birth as recorded in the applicant's Matriculation/Higher Secondary Examination Certificate available or an equivalent certificate on the date of submission of application forms will be accepted by the UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) and no subsequent request for its change will be considered or granted by said commission.
- Candidates should also note that once a date of birth has been claimed by them and entered in the records of the Commission for the purpose of admission to an Examination, no change will be allowed subsequently or at any subsequent examinations on any grounds whatsoever.
- The candidates should exercise great care while filling in their date of birth in the respective column of the Online Application Form for the Examination
- If during verification at any subsequent stage any variation is found in their date of birth from the date entered in their Matriculation or equivalent Examination certificate, disciplinary action will be taken against said candidates under the rules laid down by the UPSC.
- The Candidates must undertake not to marry until they have completed their full training.
- A candidate who marries subsequent to the date of his application though successful at this or any subsequent Examination will not be selected for training.
- A candidate who marries during training shall be discharged and will be liable to refund all expenditure incurred on him by the Government.
For Army Wing of National Defence Academy:
The candidate must have a 12th Class Pass through a 10+2 pattern of School Education or an equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
For Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defence Academy and for the 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at the Indian Naval Academy:
- The candidate must have a 12th standard pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
- Candidates who are appearing for the 12th Class under the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination can also apply for this examination.
- Such candidates who qualify the SSB interview but could not produce Matriculation/10+2 or equivalent certificate in original at the time of SSB interview should forward duly self-attested Photocopies to the following address:
Directorate General of Recruiting,
Army HQ, West Block.III,
R.K. Puram, New Delhi- 110066
- For Naval Academy candidates they must address it to
DMPR, OI&R Section,
Room No. 204, ‘C’ Wing, Sena Bhavan,
- If the candidate fails to send it in by 22nd December 2017, their candidature will be cancelled
- All other candidates who have produced their Matriculation and 10+2 pass or equivalent certificates in original at the time of attending the SSB interview and have got the same verified by the SSB authorities are not required to submit the same to Army HQ or Naval HQ as the case may be.
- Certificates in original issued by the Principals of the Institutions are also acceptable in cases where Boards/Universities have not yet issued certificates. Certified true copies/photocopies of such certificates will not be accepted.
- In exceptional cases, the Commission may treat a candidate, who does not possess any of the qualifications prescribed in this rule as educationally qualified provided that he possesses qualifications, the standard of which in the opinion of the Commission, justifies his admission to the examination.
- Candidates appearing in the 11th class exam are not eligible for this examination.
- Those candidates who have yet to qualify in the 12th class or equivalent examination and are allowed to appear in the UPSC Examination should note that this is only a special concession given to them. They are required to submit proof of passing the 12th class or equivalent examination by the prescribed date (i.e. 22nd December 2017) and no request for extending this date will be entertained on the grounds of late conduct of Board/University Examination, delay in declaration of results or any other ground whatsoever.
- Candidates who are debarred by the Ministry of Defence from holding any type of Commission in the Defence Services shall not be eligible for admission to the examination and if admitted, their candidature will be canceled.
- Those candidates who have failed INSB/PABT earlier are not eligible for Air Force.
- Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to National Defence Academy and Naval Academy Examination (I), 2017 as per guidelines stipulated.
- A candidate who has resigned or withdrawn on disciplinary grounds from any of the training academies of Armed Forces is ineligible to apply.