Application Process for NEET 2018
How to Apply for NEET 2018
- The Application form for NEET 2018 would start from 31st January 2018. The candidates can apply for NEET-UG online on the official website, www.cbseneet.nic.in. On the official website, the candidate can find a link saying “Apply online”.
- The application form for NEET 2018 would be available starting from the month of May and the last date to submit the application form would be in the month of June.
Procedure to Apply for NEET 2018:
- The candidate who satisfies the eligibility criteria must visit the Official NEET Website and fill in their academic, personal, and contact details for NEET 2018.
- The candidate who satisfies the eligibility criteria should have to then choose their Centre of Examination.
- The candidate who satisfies the eligibility criteria would have to register by providing their username and the desired password.
- The candidate who satisfies the eligibility criteria has to verify all the credentials and the Aadhar card details (Aadhaar card number and Aadhaar Enrollment Number or Registration Number) they provide while applying for the NEET 2018 and then click on the submit button.
- NRIs, OCIs, PIOs and Foreign Nationals need to fill in their passport details in the application form, wherever necessary.
- The candidate who satisfies the eligibility criteria would have to upload their Thumb Impressions, Photographs, and their Signature.
- The candidate who satisfies the eligibility criteria should click on "Upload Image" and browse through their computer for the required scanned image.
- Candidates who satisfy the eligibility criteria should make sure that the photograph file type should be JPG/JPEG and the file size of the photograph cannot be more than 100 kb and not less than 10 kb.
- To upload signature, the candidate must click on the blank area and browse the computer.
- To upload the right-hand Finger Impression, the candidate must click on the blank area and browse the computer.
- The scanned picture of the signature should be JPG/JPEG format and the file size cannot be more than 20 kb and not less than 3 kb.
- The final step in the application process would be the payment of the fees.
Details Regarding Payment of Fees:
The NEET application fees can be paid using a Debit Card/ Credit Card, via Netbanking/UPI or through an e-wallet provided by some service provider.
- For General/OBC - Rs. 1400/-
- For SC/ST/PH - Rs. 750/-
The payment must be done at the time of applying for the examination. Upon the payment of the fees, a confirmation page is obtained which must be printed for any future reference along with the payment receipt.
Details Regarding Reservation of Seats for NEET under the 15% All India Quota:
- OBC-Non creamy layer- 27%
- PH category- 3% (on horizontal basis)
- ST category- 7.5%
- SC category- 15%
Details Regarding Reservation of Seats for NEET:
In State Medical Colleges/Universities/Institutions/AFMC/Private Medical Colleges (other than the 15% All India Quota):
- Admissions for the State Quota seats depends on the reservation policy and the eligibility criteria pertaining to a particular State/Union Territory.
- Admissions to Private Medical Colleges for the MBBS/BDS courses depends on policies framed by the Government of India/State/Union Territory.
- Admissions to AFMC, Pune are subjected to the policies and norms framed by the Directorate General of Armed Forces Medical Services, Ministry of Defence and Government of India.
- Candidates who are seeking admission in AFMC and have applied for NEET (UG) must also apply on the official website of AFMC.
- For any further details regarding admissions to AFMC, the candidates are advised to contact AFMC.
- The candidates who are submitting the false information in the application for NEET 2018 will not be considered and such candidates will be debarred from appearing for the NEET 2018 conducted by CBSE.
- The candidates who are submitting the incomplete application for NEET 2018 will not be considered and will be rejected. The NEET 2018 examination fee will not be refunded in such a case.
- The application for NEET 2018 once submitted cannot be withdrawn.
Preparation for filling in the application form:
Before the submission of NEET 2018 application form:
- The information to be filled in the NEET 2018 online application such as names of candidate, Father/Mother should be correct.
- Aadhaar Number/ Aadhaar Enrolment Number/Registration Number issued by CBSE Facilitation Number/ Passport number/Ration Card Number/bank Account Number/ Other valid Govt. Identity card Number, Date of Birth, Address, Mobile Number, E-mail ID, etc. should be written correctly in the NEET 2018 application form.
- The candidates can go to the website for filling the replica NEET 2018 application form.
- The candidates have to provide Aadhar/Identity details as given below:
Category of Candidates
Types of permissible Ids
Indian Nationals of all states
Aadhaar Card No., Aadhaar Enrolment No. or Registration No. issued by Facilitation
Indian Nationals belonging to Assam, Meghalaya or Jammu & Kashmir
Aadhaar Card No., Aadhaar Enrolment No., Registration No. issued by Facilitation Centre, Ration Card No., Bank Account No., Passport No. or No. of any Other Identity Card issued by Government.
Candidates should have scanned images of their latest photograph (size of 10KB to 100KB) and signature (size of 3KB to 20KB) in JPG format only for uploading for filling the NEET 2018 application form.