Eligibility Criteria for NEET 2018
- The eligibility criteria are a set of standards the board expects the candidates to have accomplished in their education field to be allowed to sit for the NEET 2018.
- The eligibility criteria are important because the board has to filter out the unqualified applicants that would streamline the number of candidates that would appear for the NEET 2018.
- It also makes the job of the board easier as the candidates who are writing the exam would be qualified and would have prior knowledge of their exam.
- The candidates are advised to go through the eligibility criteria for NEET 2018 before applying for the exam.
- Candidates who do not satisfy the formalities of the eligibility criteria would not be allowed to appear for the NEET 2018 exam.
Hence, all candidates must ensure that they are eligible before applying for NEET 2018.
NEET 2018 Eligibility Criteria:
- In order to be eligible for NEET 2018, the candidates must be an Indian National or an Overseas Citizen of India (OCI).
- The candidates applying for NEET 2018 must be at least 17 years old as on 31 December in the respective year to satisfy the eligibility criteria.
- The candidates who are older than 25 as on 31 December of the year of admission are not eligible for admissions in the NEET 2018.
- The candidates must have completed their 10+2 from a recognised Board/University to satisfy the eligibility criteria for NEET 2018.
- The candidates must have completed their 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology & Mathematics and English as their main subjects to satisfy the eligibility criteria for NEET 2018.
- The candidates who are applying for their 12th level exam are also eligible for apply for the NEET 2018.
- The candidates should have secured a minimum of 50% in the aggregate of their PCMB.
- If the candidate belongs to SC/ST/OBC category, they must secure a minimum of 40%.
- If the candidate is Physically Handicapped, they must secure a minimum of 45%.
85% State Quota Seats Eligibility Criteria:
For the NEET 2018, all the states across India would fill 85% of their seats for MBBS/BDS through the state counselling process. The remaining 15% of the seats would be filled through the All India centralised counselling process. For the 85% quota seats of the states, the eligibility criteria are mentioned below:
- The candidates must be appearing for/completed their 10+2 from the respective state to be eligible for NEET 2018.
- To be eligible for NEET 2018 the candidates must possess a valid domicile of the respective state.
- The candidates must have a proof of residency of the respective state in order to be eligible for NEET 2018.
Eligibility Criteria for Seats in Participating Colleges/Universities:
There are various colleges/Universities or Institutes across India participating in NEET 2018, some of them include Jamia Hamdard University, Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), University of Delhi and a few more.
- According to various rules of the government of India, the candidates who are Overseas Citizens of India are eligible for NEET 2018 provided they read through all the terms as per the rules.
- The College/Institute, in which the candidate is applying for admissions, has to decide the upper age limit of candidates appearing for the NEET 2018 as per the rules of the State/University/Institute.
Eligibility Criteria for candidates from Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and J&K Appearing for NEET 2018:
- The Candidates belonging to J&K, Andhra Pradesh, and Telangana are not eligible for the 15% all India quota seats for NEET 2018.
- Candidates would have to send a self-declaration generated and printed along with the page of Confirmation, at the time when they claim the eligibility for NEET 2018.
- Once the candidate fulfills the eligibility criteria for the NEET 2018, they would be allowed to appear for the NEET 2018 Admission process for various Private Medical/Dental Colleges or any Private/Deemed University and AFMC, Pune.