National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test [NEET]

NEET 2018 Eligibility

Exam Date : 6th May 2018 To 7th May 2018
Result Date : 4th June 2018

Home > NEET 2018 > Eligibility

Eligibility Criteria for NEET 2018

  • The eligibility criteria are a set of standards the board expects the candidates to have accomplished in their education field to be allowed to sit for the NEET 2018.
  • The eligibility criteria are important because the board has to filter out the unqualified applicants that would streamline the number of candidates that would appear for the NEET 2018.
  • All the candidates are advised to go through the eligibility criteria set by the board, before applying for the NEET 2018  examination.
  • Any candidate who does not satisfy the eligibility criteria, will not be permitted to appear for NEET 2018.

Hence, all candidates must ensure that they are eligible before applying for NEET 2018.


NEET 2018 Eligibility Criteria:

  • The candidate must have completed the age of 17 years at the time of admission or must complete the age of 17 years on or before 31st December of the year of admission into the first year course.
  • The candidate must not be over the age of 25 years as on the date of examination, with a 5 years relaxation for OBC/SC/ST category candidates. 
  • The candidate must have completed their 10+2 from a recognised Board/University to satisfy the eligibility criteria for NEET 2018.
  • A candidate appearing for the NEET-UG examination is restricted to a maximum of 3 attempts.
  • The candidates who are applying for their 12th level exam are also eligible for apply for the NEET 2018.
  • A minimum of 50% aggregate score is needed in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology for the General category candidates.
  • If the candidate belongs to SC/ST/OBC category, they must secure a minimum of 40% aggregate score in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology.
  • If the candidate is Physically Challenged and belongs to the General category, they must secure a minimum of 45% aggregate score in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology.
  • If the candidate is Physically Challenged and belongs to the OBC/SC/ST category, they must secure a minimum of 40% aggregate score in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology.
  • Eligibility to appear for the NEET-UG 2018 is limited to Indian nationals, Non-Resident Indians (NRIs), Oversees Citizens of India, Persons of Indian origin and foreign nationals.

Eligibility Criteria for seats under the control of States/Universities/Institutions/AFMC/Central pool quota:

For the NEET 2018, all the states across India would fill 85% of their seats for MBBS/BDS through the state counselling process. The remaining 15% of the seats would be filled through the All India centralised counselling process. For the 85% quota seats of the states, the eligibility criteria are based on rules and regulations framed by the respective state government. These are mentioned below:

  • Indian citizens, NRI's, OCI's and foreign nationals are eligible for admission under the state quota, provided they satisfy the rules framed by the respective state government.
  • The candidates must be appearing for/completed their 10+2 from the respective state to be eligible for NEET 2018.
  • To be eligible for NEET 2018, the candidate must possess a valid domicile proof of the respective state.
  • To be eligible for NEET 2018, the candidate must have a proof of residency of the respective state.

Eligibility Criteria for 15% All India Quota Seats:

  • There are various colleges/Universities or Institutes across India participating in NEET 2018, some of them include Jamia Hamdard University, Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), University of Delhi to name some.
  • Indian citizens, NRIs, OCIs, Persons of Indian origin and Foreign Nationals are eligible.

Eligibility Criteria for candidates from Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and J&K Appearing for NEET 2018:

  • The Candidates belonging to J&K, Andhra Pradesh, and Telangana are not eligible for the 15% all India quota seats for NEET 2018.
  • Candidates would have to send a self-declaration generated and printed along with the page of Confirmation, at the time when they claim the eligibility for NEET 2018.
  • This self-declaration would be verified at the time of counselling and the college has the power to dismiss the admission of a candidate in case of any fraudulent activity.
  • Once the candidate fulfils the eligibility criteria for the NEET 2018, they would be allowed to appear for the NEET 2018.

Discussion Forum

Other exams you may be interested in
  View all exams
1