The eligibility criteria is a set of requirements based on which candidates are classified as eligible or not eligible for the NEET 2018 exam. The eligibility criteria will also be important as it filters out the applicants that are not suitable/eligible.
All candidates must go through the eligibility criteria of NEET before applying fo NEET 2018. The candidates who are not eligible by the following normalities will not be allowed to write the exam.
Hence, all candidates must ensure that they are eligible before applying for NEET.
All the states participating in the NEET 2018 will fill their 85% seats of MBBS/BDS through state counselling, while the remaining 15% of the seats will be filled through All India centralised counselling. The eligibility for the 85% quota seats of the states are mentioned below:
There are many institutes/universities that are participating in the NEET 2018, some of them include Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Jamia Hamdard University, University of Delhi.
Anyone who studied Physics, Chemistry and Biology in 10+2 and secured 50%. Also at the time of admission at least completing 17 years (lower age limit) will be eligible to apply. The upper age limit is 25 years for the General and 30 for reserved category. For the detailed NEET 2017 Eligibility criteria for reserved and unreserved category use the provided link.
|S. NO.||Category||Applicant should be born on or after given date in the respective category|
|1.||General||Born on or between May 8, 1992, and January 1, 2001|
|2.||SC/ST/OBC||Born on or between May 5, 1987, and January 1, 2001|
Yes, now all foreign nationals, Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs), Non-Resident Indians (NRIs) and Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) candidates are eligible to apply for 15% all India quota seats. Earlier, 15% all India quota seats were reserved for Indian nationals only for NEET 2017.
No, candidates from the States of Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and J & K are not eligible for 15% all India quota seats through NEET as these States had opted out of All India Scheme since its inception. If a candidate appearing from any of these states seeks admission under 15 % all India Quota seats, he/she will have to submit the online Self Declaration form along with the application form. The declaration form in such case will make the candidate ineligible for admission in MBBS/BDS programmes in these states.
As per the amendments made in 2016 to the Indian Medical Council Act 1956 and Dentist Act 1948, NEET is now the single entrance examination for admissions to 100% MBBS and BDS seats in government, private, central and deemed medical colleges/universities in India.
Candidates must possess a valid domicile certificate of the state to be eligible for the NEET 2017 exam.
The following is the eligibility criteria for candidates from Andhra Pradesh which is as follows:
There are many institutes/universities that are participating in the NEET 2017, some of them include Armed Forces medical College (AFMC), Jamia Hamdard University, University of Delhi.
Yes, the reservation policies are the same.
Candidates pursuing internship in 2018 shall be eligible for the National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test. No candidate will be adversely affected.