An Overview on NEET MDS 2017:
NEET MDS 2017 shall be the single eligibility cum entrance examination namely "National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test for admission to Postgraduate Dental Courses" for the academic session 2017 - 2018 which will include the following:
- All India 50% quota seats for MDS courses (all states except Andhra Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir and Telangana).
- State quota seats for MDS courses for all States/Union territories of India (including the states of Andhra Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir and Telangana).
- MDS Diploma courses at all Private Dental Colleges, Institutions & Universities all across the country.
- MDS courses at Armed Forces Medical Services Institutions.
NEET MDS is an eligibility-cum-ranking examination prescribed as the single entrance examination to various Post Graduate MDS Courses under Dentists Act, 1948.
NEET MDS is a single window entrance examination for Dental PG courses. No other entrance examination, either at state or institution level, shall be valid for entry to MDS Courses as per Dentists Act, 1948.
The following Institution is not covered by centralised admissions for MDS seats through NEET-MDS for 2017 session:
- All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi
- Jawaharlal Institute Postgraduate Medical Education & Research (JIPMER)
GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS, TERMS AND CONDITIONS to NEET MDS:
- NEET - MDS is the eligibility-cum-ranking examination prescribed as the single entrance examination to various post graduate MDS courses in the country.
- Applicant may kindly note that appearance in NEET-MDS 2017 does not confer any automatic rights to secure a Post graduate (MDS) seat. The selection and admission to Postgraduate seats in any dental institutions recognized for running MDS courses as per Dentists Act, 1948 is subject to fulfilling the admission criteria, eligibility, medical fitness and such criteria as may be prescribed by the respective universities, medical institutions, Dental Council of India, State/Central Government.
- Online Registration for the examination must be completed by 31st October 2016 (by 23:59hrs). Online registration begins on 26th September 2016 from 07:00AM onwards.
- Applications of candidates producing false or fabricated information will not be considered and candidates may be further debarred from appearing in any future examinations conducted by NBE /MoHFW/Other Institutions.
- Candidates should go through the bulletin carefully for eligibility criteria, scheme, and pattern of examination etc before contacting the NBE for any queries. Queries pertaining to eligibility and other issues will only be entertained if the information requested is not given in the bulletin or on website www.nbe.edu.in.
- Incomplete applications or applications not in accordance with instructions will not be considered and are liable to be rejected. The examination fee will not be refunded in such cases.
- Fee will neither be carried forward to a future date nor refunded under any circumstances. Online applications and/or their acknowledgment of submission received after the due date will not be entertained and exam fee will not be returned in such cases. Application once submitted cannot be withdrawn.
- Instructions in the information-bulletin are liable to changes based on decisions taken by the NBE /MoHFW/concerned states/Constitutional Authorities.
- NBE reserves the right to withdraw permission, if any, granted inadvertently to any candidate who is not eligible to appear in the NEET-MDS even though the admit card/roll number/testing ID has been issued or name/roll number/testing ID is displayed on the website of NBE/NEET-MDS.
- Candidates' eligibility is purely provisional & is subject to the fulfillment of eligibility criteria as prescribed by the NBE /DCI /University/ Dental College or Institute.
- The existing schedule, pattern, policy and guidelines are for ready reference only but in no way they are or are ought to be treated as representative or acknowledgment of fact that NBE is bound to follow the same in future.
- In case of any ambiguity in interpretation of any of the instructions/ terms/rules/criteria regarding the determination of eligibility/conduct of examinations/registration of candidates/information contained herein, the interpretation of the National Board of Examinations will be final and binding.
- Requests are not entertained for change in date/ examination centre. Candidates are advised not to canvass for or submit such representations.
- Absentees from the examination will forfeit their examination fee.
- Result for NEET-MDS will be available on the website www.nbe.edu.in by 15th January 2017.
- Candidates MUST bring to the test centre the following documents:
Printed copy of Admit Card with photo pasted on it; AND
Photocopy of Permanent or Provisional SDC/DCI registration, to be retained by the test center; AND
Any one of the authorized photo IDs** (must be original, valid and non-expired) – PAN Card / Voter ID / Driving License / Passport/ Aadhaar Card (original with photograph)
**The name on the photo identification must match with the name as shown on the Admit Card. If the name has been changed due to events such as marriage, candidate must show the relevant document mentioned at the time of exam (Marriage Certificate /Divorce Decree /Legal Name Change Document)
The examination test centre staff on duty is authorized to verify the identity of candidates and may take steps to verify and record the identity of candidates. Candidates are required to extend requisite cooperation.
- Candidates should ensure before applying for the registration that they have a recognized degree of BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery) awarded by an Indian University, in respect of recognized Dental College under Section 10(2) of the Dentists Act, 1948 or an equivalent qualification recognized by the Dental Council of India. If it is found at any time that BDS degree is not recognized, the candidature/result shall be cancelled/ deemed to be cancelled.
- All the correspondence should preferably be addressed by e-mail. The e-mail query shall be addressed only if it is not anonymous and contains the name, postal address and contact telephone number of the sender. An e-mail containing vague or general queries that are contained in the Information Bulletin shall not be entertained. Queries shall not be entertained from person claiming themselves to be representative, associates or officiates of the applicant candidate. The following information shall not be revealed by phone or email:
Internal documentation /status.
Internal Decision making process of NBE
Any claim /counter claim thereof.
Dates & venue of internal meetings or name of the staff/officers dealing.
Any information which in the opinion of NBE cannot be revealed.
- Terms & Conditions of NEET-MDS 2017 as mentioned in the English version of information bulletin shall apply.
- NEET-MDS 2017 shall be conducted by NBE at exam centres engaged for the purpose. Candidates will be able to schedule their exams based on the availability of test centre on the date, time and venue of their choice. Candidates are advised to familiarize themselves with the route and location of the exam centre; location maps for all test centres are available on the website.
- Candidates are advised to look into www.nbe.edu.in regularly for various information and notices pertaining to NEET-MDS 2017.
- A Demo exam shall be available for the benefit of candidates to familiarize themselves with the Computer Based Test format at website www.nbe.edu.in. Applicants will be able to access the Demo test in November 2016 upon entering their confirmation ID (issued at the end of registration process).
- Candidates kindly note that by registering for the NEET-MDS 2017, they are covered by Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA); as per NDA candidates cannot disclose any question or contents of question paper in part or otherwise with any person or party or website or such other media/publication. Any act in breach of the NDA shall be liable for penal action as per law, kindly note that this is a punishable offence and shall lead to cancellation of candidature at the bare threshold. The candidate is deemed to have read, agreed an accepted the Information Bulletin and the terms and conditions in the information bulletin for NEET-MDS 2017 on completing the registration form.
- Each candidate can register and appear in NEET-MDS 2017 once only. Any candidate found to register and /or appeared more than once in NEET-MDS 2017 shall be automatically debarred from the exam, his/her candidature cancelled and further action as deemed appropriate by NBE shall be taken.
- Possession /Use of mobile phones /Electronic devices is strictly prohibited in the premises of NBE test centres. Candidates shall be liable for penal action for Possession /Use of Mobile phones /Electronic devices.
- The jurisdiction for court cases/disputes shall be within the exclusive jurisdiction of competent courts at Delhi/New Delhi only.