Eligibility Criteria for NEST 2018
The eligibility criteria for NEST 2018 are as follows:
- Applicant must have cleared their 12th or equivalent exam with any combination of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology subjects.
- Applicants who have cleared their 12th standard or equivalent exams in the year 2016 or 2017 are eligible to apply.
- Applicants who cleared their 12th standard or equivalent exams before 2016 cannot apply.
- Applicants who are about to appear for their qualifying exams for 12th standard or equivalent can also apply.
- In order to get enrolled in the M.Sc program, the applicants must have secured minimum 60% for General category and minimum 55% for SC, ST, and PD category in the 12th standard or equivalent exam.
Age Limit for NEST 2018:
- Applicants must have born on or after 1 August 1998 (for general and OBC candidates).
- The SC, ST, and PD (Physically Disabled) applicants are given a relaxation of five years in the above age limit.