Application Process for NEST 2018
Candidates are advised to visit the NEST–2018 website (www.nestexam.in) and read the NEST 2018 brochure carefully before starting the application process.
The important points of the application procedure.
- Candidates who satisfy the eligibility criteria for NEST 2018 must register themselves at the website.
- Candidates who satisfy the eligibility criteria for NEST 2018 need a valid email id to register.
- Candidates who satisfy the eligibility criteria for NEST 2018 must click the ‘Apply Online’ link on the NEST–2018 website to reach the online application page on/after 2nd January 2018.
- Candidates who satisfy the eligibility criteria for NEST 2018 need to provide their name, a valid email id and a password of their choice in a window.
- Candidates who satisfy the eligibility criteria for NEST 2018 will then receive an email at the email id provided by them, containing a link to confirm your registration.
- After confirmation, provide the same email id & password, enter the secret code and click on ‘Login’ in the window.
- The application process allows multi-session data entry.
- If the candidate forgets their password then click ‘forgot password’ link.
- For safety reasons, candidates are allowed to retrieve the password only twice.
Application Process – Page1: Fill/Edit Form (Basic Information of the candidate)
- Page 1 of the application process asks for personal information, choice of exam centres and academic details.
- Candidates are required to furnish details of qualifying board examinations of Xth and XIIth standards.
- If the candidates' board provides CGPA instead of percentage then calculate the ‘equivalent percentage’ as per the guideline is given by the board.
- Typically, CGPA is multiplied by 9.5 to convert it to ‘equivalent percentage’ value. For example, if the CGPA is 8.1 then the equivalent percentage is 76.95% (8.1x9.5).
- Please note, NEST committee takes the final decision on this conversion factor.
- Fill all other mandatory fields, save and proceed to the next page.
- The next page will show the candidate's newly generated application number.
- The application number is important for all future communications with NEST office till you take admission in the programme.
Application process – Page 2: Upload (photo and signature)
- In page 2 of the application process, the candidates are required to upload JPG files of your passport size photograph and signature.
- Candidates must scan their passport size photograph & signature and save them as JPEG files with sizes less 100 KB each.
- Candidates must make sure that images are properly cropped.
- Candidates should not leave any empty spaces around photo or signature.
- If the photograph and signature appear too small in the preview, that is probably because of improper cropping.
- Crop properly without leaving empty spaces around and upload again.
- Candidates may, however, choose to provide them in next login, in case they are not ready for them.
- In that case, they can log out and return later.
Application process – Page 3: Mode of Payment
The application fee will be Rs.700 for Male candidates (General & OBC) and Rs. 350/- for SC, ST and female & PwD candidates of all other categories
Page 3 of the application process provides two possible payment options (as per the ‘Fee structure’ given in section-II) among which you need to choose one.
The available payment modes are:
- This is the most convenient option for payment using any Credit/Debit Card or through Net banking without visiting any bank.
- Online payment is possible through TechProcess / SBIe-Pay payments gateways.
- The charges for cards/net banking of different banks are given on the payment page.
- SBI E-Pay payment gateway provides 3 chances (max) for each application number to retry payment against failed transactions.
- However, there is no such limit for TechProcess payment gateway.
- The amount debited for failed transactions will be refunded automatically within 7 days.
(b) Demand Draft (DD):
- Prepare the DD in favour of NISER-NEST, payable at Bhubaneswar.
- Provide all the mandatory information regarding the DD on page 3, save, and proceed to page 4.
Application process – Page 4: Verify all information on the application preview page and Submit
- Once all the mandatory fields on pages 1 through 3 are provided, including photograph & signature, a single page preview of the application is generated.
- The page contains the candidates' photograph, signature along with other important information.
- If the candidate wants to change any information they need to logout and re-login.
- For safety reasons the candidates are not allowed to visit the previous pages directly
- Verify and confirm if all information on the preview page is correct and the photograph and the signature are properly visible.
- Once satisfied, submit your application
Printout of the application page
- Once the candidate submits their application, a summary page is being generated and made available to print directly.
- If the candidate has chosen DD as their payment method they are required to send a printed copy of the summary page along with the DD to the NEST office.
- If the candidate has chosen the online payment option, they are not required to send any document to NEST office.
- The last date of communicating with NEST office is 15th March 2018. NEST office is not responsible for postal delays.
- Candidates are, therefore, advised to apply well before the last date.
- Candidates must make sure that they write their name and application number at the back of DD, in case they opt for this payment option.
- Candidates can login to their application account and track updates on the application/payment after about two weeks (for DD) and 3 days (for online payment).
- The candidates Admit Card will be generated and made available for download on/after 15th April 2018.