Syllabus for SET 2018
The syllabus for Symbiosis Entrance Test depends on the course for which the student is aiming to enrol for. There are eight dominant departments in this syllabus in Symbiosis University which hosts its own set of entrance examinations in various cities.
- Health and Biomedical Sciences
- Media and Communication
- Social Sciences and Computer Studies
Syllabus for SET comprises of a common section and a department selective. Each of the departments in Symbiosis International University have their own testing areas and syllabus.
SET 2018 Common Section Syllabus:
The syllabus for common section of the test comprises of topics like:.
- Pipes and cisterns, averages, binomial theorem, coordinate geometry, functions, geometry, inequalities, linear equations, logarithm, mensuration, mixtures and allegations, number systems and number theory, percentages, permutation and combination, probability, profit and loss, progressions - arithmetic, geometric and harmonic, quadratic equations, bicycle races, clocks, ratio and proportion, set theory, simple and compound interest, speed, distance and time, trigonometry and blood relations.
- Introduction to data interpretation, bar graphs, calculation techniques, column graphs, data sufficiency, graphs representing the area, line charts, pie charts, tables and caselets and venn diagrams
- Boolean logic, critical reasoning and cubes to the family tree, logic based problems, logical deductions, logical links, reasoning puzzles, sequencing and arrangement, syllogism, verbal reasoning based on binary logic, cryptographic decoding on a basic level, alphabets and numbers logic identification.
SET 2018 Verbal Section Syllabus:
- Facts and opinions, global questions, idea organisation patterns, identifying purpose and tone, identifying central points, identifying main ideas, inferences, inferential questions, logical or cause and effect questions, predicting and identifying supporting details, recognising and evaluating arguments, specific detail questions and understanding vocabulary.
- verbs, adjectives, adverbs, analogies, antonyms, articles, conjunctions, direct and indirect speech, origin of words(Latin/Roman), phobias, manias, odd one out, misplaced modifiers, prepositions, punctuation, roots and prefixes, suffixes, sentence completion, identifying errors in sentences, synonyms and tenses.
SET 2018 Syllabus for Law:
- Indian Constitution, Indian Penal Code, Law of Torts, Indian Contract Act, Family Law, Intellectual property rights, labour laws etc.
- SET also tests the students on General Knowledge and the syllabus for GK is Politics.
- Ancient, medieval, modern and world, geography, economics, general science, science and technology, environment and ecology.
Current Affairs (most Important):
- National and international news, most recent and dominant news in the fields of sports, science, places, people, economics, book releases, prizes awarded and author recognitions.
SET 2018 Syllabus for Engineering:
- Subjects which have been studied in 10th and 12th are tested on a basic level for securing an engineering seat in Symbiosis Institute of Technology.
- The subjects which have to be given most importance are Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
SET 2018 Syllabus for Media, Communication and Design:
- Simple and complex 2D as well as 3D geometric shapes, effective forms of their representations in any given plane and various forms of manipulations, understanding basic relations of conversion from one plane to another.
Observational, Perceptual and Reasoning:
- Object identification, attention to details, effective interpretation, opinions, meanings and conclusions, analysis and expression in a systematic manner, relating to real life scenarios using 2D structures.
- Creative and problem-solving abilities for obtaining solutions.
Science and Mathematics:
- Application observation, science and mathematics (studied in 10th), connections.
SET 2018 Syllabus for Art, Craft, Culture, Design and Environment:
- Basics on a global level, people, tools, materials, techniques, culture progression, issues faced by people, scarcity of environmental basics, national and international trends in life, influences, concerns, actions taken by international organisations like UNESCO, UNICEF etc. and contemporary trends worldwide.
SET 2018 Syllabus for Health and Biomedical Sciences:
The above subjects will be tested only until 10th and 12th standard level.
SET 2018 Syllabus for Management: