Application Process for UGC NET 2018
Candidates who want to apply for the exam they have to fill the application form that is available online on the official UGC website (http://cbsenet.nic.in/). The notification and apply link will be updated on the website by 17th October 2017. The students should follow the below steps to apply online:
- Before filling up the UGC NET form, candidates are required to first read the instructions given on the website and then click on the form link.
- The candidate should then fill all the entries with relevant information on the UGC NET application form.
- Next upload your scanned passport sized photograph on the given space for the same.
- Next, the candidate should pay the UGC NET application fee of Rs.600 if belonging to the General Category, Rs.300/- if belonging to OBC category, Rs.150/- ie. belonging to SC/ST/PWD. The fees can be paid through the credit/debit card.
- You can also pay through the e-challan generated from the website at any branch of (Syndicate/Canara/ICICI/HDFC Bank)
- Next click on submit button and the UGC NET form will be submitted to the authority.
- It is advisable to collect a Printout of filled Application Form, Attendance Slip and Admission Card for future references.
- The candidate should attach the required documents with these printouts and send to Registrar/Principal of the Coordinating Institute.
Students can check below the step by step form filling process.
Step 1 (Registration / Login Process for UGC NET):
- Students already registered on the official website to fill up the form can directly log-in using their application id and password generated.
- However, if the candidates are a new user then they must be registered first for applying to UGC NET Exam 2018 online.
- Once the candidate has logged in to fill up the application form for UGC NET, you will see the screen where terms and conditions related to the examination are clearly mentioned.
- The candidate must go through all date and click on proceed for further steps of the application process.
- Now you will see the screen where you find Term and condition for UGC NET Examination.
- Candidates must read all data and then click on the "Proceed further" option on the page.
Step 2 (Submission of CBSE UGC NET Jan 2018 Online Form):
- Students can now see the online CBSE UGC NET January 2018 Application Form and they can hence start filling up the form with by filling details like personal details, Education details, and other password generation process.
- Once the candidates have filled all details carefully, finally click on the submit detail option.
- After clicking on the submit button a screen will appear where you need to confirm the details filled on the UGC NET form by you is correct and now you finally want to continue for further process.
- If the candidate has finally submitted the details without checking them carefully then you can’t change in UGC NET application form.
- After submitting the application form step, the system will generate your UGC NET Application ID. You must keep it safe for further use and whenever required to log in again.
- Now you can continue or skip to a further part. You can continue to fill up the remaining part using application id and password.
- Next, the candidate can start uploading the photograph.
- Candidates should see the criteria carefully while you upload your Photo and signature.
After clicking on the apply online button, candidates will be directed to the instruction page. Read all the instructions and click on the check box to agree to the conditions.
CBSE UGC NET Online Application Form will appear on the screen after clicking on ‘Proceed to Apply Online’ button. The candidates should fill all the personal and educational details in the application form. The candidates must keep in mind if the entries are not appropriate the form will be rejected.
Step3 (Uploading Photo and signature on UGC NET form):
The student should know about the criteria to be followed at the time of uploading the photo and signature.
After uploading their current passport size photo, they need to click on the final upload button.
Some Standards to be followed while uploading the photo:
- Format: jpg/jpeg.
- Passport size photo size: 4KB – 40KB.
- Photograph dimension(width*Height): 3.5 CM * 4.5 CM
- Signature Scanned photo Size: 1KB – 30 KB.
- Signature dimension(length*Height): 3.5 CM * 1.5 CM
Step 4 (Application Fee Payment for UGC NET):
- After final upload of the photo, the screen will appear for the applicants to select the way of payment.
- Applicants can choose to pay through online payment or E-Challan Mode.
- By clicking on e-challan mode, the system will generate E-Challan that you will have to get printed and submit fee at any nearest Bank.
- And if the candidate selects Debit or Credit Card then they will see the Next screen where they will get to see the details about the application fee.
- Candidates can continue the process of application fee payment by clicking on "yes, I do" option.
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR APPLICANTS:
The candidates are required to check the fee payment status on the official NET website (www.cbsenet.nic.in). The candidate will be able to take a printout of the "Confirmation Page" only if the status is "OK". In case the status is "NOT OK", the candidates are advised to do the following:
- If the payment was done via an e-challan, the candidate must approach the concerned bank at the earliest to update his/her payment status.
- If the payment was done using a debit/credit card, the amount will be refunded to the concerned bank account within a week. The candidates must make the payment again in such cases.
Other Backward Classes as per central List of OBC available on the website.