Application forms, Dates, Syllabus, Pattern for UPSC CSAT 2018
The Application Form for UPSC CSAT 2018 will commence on the 22nd February 2018 to 17th March 2018.
UPSC CSAT 2018 Exam is announced to be on the 18th August 2018.
The Syllabus for UPSC CSAT has two preliminary papers.
The pattern for the two preliminary examinations is objective type.
Important details of JEE Main:
Joint Entrance Examination
Commonly known as
About UPSC CSAT 2018:
The Civil Services Aptitude Test (CSAT) is conducted every year by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) to select candidates for Civil Services Main Exam. The candidates must pass the Mains Exam and Interview to join prestigious Indian government services such as IAS, IPS, etc.
The Indian Administrative Services works internally for the smooth functioning of law and order without any hindrance. The candidate can become an IAS officer who holds important positions in the Union Government, States, and public-sector undertakings. An officer selected into the IAS gets exposure in various roles like the Collector, Commissioner, Chief Secretary, Cabinet Secretary, etc.
The Civil Services Exam is a paper based test and consists of two successive stages:
- Preliminary Examination (Objective type) comprising 2 exams: General Studies and CSAT
- Civil Services Main Examination (Written and Interview)
Attainable Govt. Posts through UPSC CSAT:
- Indian Audit & Accounts Service, Group A
- Indian P&T Accounts & Finance Service, Group A
- Indian Administrative Service
- Indian Police Service
- Indian Foreign Service
- Indian Civil Accounts Service, Group A
- Indian Revenue Service (Customs & Central Excise), Group A
- Indian Postal Service, Group A
- Indian Defence Accounts Services, Group A
- Indian Ordnance Factories Service, Group A (Assistant Works Manager, Administration)
- Indian Revenue Services (IT), Group A
- Indian Information Service (Junior Grade), Group A
- Indian Railway Traffic Service, Group A
- Indian Defence Estates Service, Group A
- Indian Railway Accounts Service, Group A
- Post of Assistant Security Commissioner in Railway Protection Force, Group A
- Indian Railway Personnel Service, Group A
- Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Police Services, Group B
- Indian Trade Service, Group A (Gr. III)
- Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service, Group B.
- Indian Corporate Law Service, Group A
- Armed Forces Headquarter civil service, Group B (Section Officer’s Grade)
- Pondicherry Police Services, Group B
- Pondicherry Civil Services, Group B