Syllabus for CAT 2018:
There are five sections in CAT 2018:
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Verbal Ability
- Logical & Analytical Reasoning
- Data Interpretation.
The syllabus for CAT changes every few years and the CAT administration notifies the candidates every time there is a change in fulfilling.
To help in preparation for CAT 2018, we have the complete CAT Exam Syllabus.
- CAT exam will be of 100 questions which must be solved in a duration of 180 minutes that is 60 minutes for each section. Moreover, it is not fixed, CAT undergoes some changes every year.
- QA and VRC sections will have 34 questions each whereas in DILR will have 32 questions. But this year, it is expected that in VRC section the question might be more.
- CAT Paper has 2- types of questions- MCQs and Non-MCQs.
- In MCQs, candidates have to choose the most appropriate answer among the 4 option.
- The CAT 2018 exam paper will be in English language only.
Mathematics/Quantitative Section Syllabus for CAT 2018:
Some of the core Syllabus concepts in Maths and Quantitative Aptitude subjects are:
- Percentages and its applications
- Geometry and its applications
- Ratio and its applications
- Numbers and its applications
English/Verbal Section Syllabus:
Prominent Syllabus topics in this section are:
- Reading Comprehension
- Critical Reasoning (and its numerous applications)
Analytical Reasoning Section Syllabus:
Important Syllabus topics under AR are:
- Direction Sense
- Clocks and Calendars
- Data Structures
- Blood Relations
Data Interpretation Section Syllabus:
Problems related to organized and unorganized data are quite common in this section. Core syllabus topics are as follows:
- Pie charts
- Line graphs
- Bar graphs