Exam Date :
14th May 2018 To 14th May 2018
Result Date : 29th May 2018
Application form, Dates, Syllabus and Pattern for CLAT 2018:
ABOUT CLAT 2018:
- Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) is one of the popular law entrance exams conducted by 18 National Law Universities (NLUs) rotationally.
- CLAT 2018 is conducted by National Law Universities (NLUs) in India.
- The responsibility of carrying out CLAT 2018 examination is given to one NLU each year. There are nearly 1,100 seats in NLUs in India.
- Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) is a centralized test for admission into the most prominent law colleges in the nation.
- Those candidates who have cleared their 12th are allowed to appear for the CLAT 2018 examination.
- The important dates for the Clat 2018 exams need to be observed and followed accordingly.
- The applicants who are interested in CLAT 2018 can check out the important details related to the examination in this article. Click Here
Important details regarding CLAT 2018:
Common Law Admission Test
National Law Universities (NLUs)
CLAT 2018 News:
- CLAT 2018 Registration process begin from 2nd January 2018.
- According to NLUs, more than 65,000 candidates will take part in CLAT 2018 examination.
- From 14th May 2018 CLAT 2018 exam will be commenced.
- On 29th May 2018 CLAT 2018 exam Results expected to be announced.
- CLAT 2018 scores are used by several private law colleges to give admission for their five-year B.A, LLB programme.
CLAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria Details:
- The candidate must satisfy the eligibility criteria to write CLAT 2018.
- The eligibility criteria are different for different courses for know about it click on eligibility criteria.
- The candidate must be passed his/her 10+2 with minimum 45% aggregate.
- Relaxation in aggregate is provided to the reserved categories.
- Candidate with the compartment in 12th or appearing in 12th in 2018 are also eligible for CLAT 2018.
- The minimum age limit for applying for undergraduate law programme is 20 years for general category student.
- Relaxation in age limit is provided for the reserved category candidates.
CLAT 2018 Application Form Details:
- The candidates should fill the correct details in the CLAT 2018 application forms.
- The application form for CLAT 2018 available on the official website from 2nd January 2018 till 31st March 2018.
- A candidate has to login online to fill the CLAT 2018 registration form.
- Candidates are requested to recheck the filled details before submitting the CLAT 2018 registration forms.
- The candidates have to pay the application form fees, the application fee is Rs 4000 (Rs. 3500 for ST/SC).
- The candidate can get more details about the application form and payment ways by clicking on the application form.
- To know about how to fill application form candidate can click on the application process.
CLAT 2018 Admit Card Details:
- The CLAT 2018 admit card will be available on the official website from 20th April 2018.
- The candidates who filled the application form can download the admit card from the official website.
- The CLAT 2018 admit card is equivalent to the hall ticket.
- It is mandatory to carry CLAT 2018 admit card along with identity card to the examination hall, failing in it the candidate will not be allowed to enter the examination hall.
- Candidates can click on CLAT 2018 admit card for more details about the admit card.
CLAT 2018 Exam Pattern Details:
- CLAT 2018 exam is conducted in online mode.
- The duration of exam is 2 hrs.
- The exam comprises of objective type questions with different sections.
- The exam pattern of CLAT 2018 is different for UG and PG course.
- Candidates can click on exam pattern to know examination pattern in detail.
CLAT 2018 Syllabus Details:
- The syllabus for the CLAT exam is different for UG and PG courses
- Candidate should follow the latest syllabus, as every year the examination authority make changes in the syllabus.
- candidate can see the full detailed syllabus for CLAT 2018 by clicking on the syllabus.
CLAT 2018 Results Details:
- This year the result of CLAT declares on 29th May 2018.
- The candidates are requested to take the printout of the result.
- This entrance test will be conducted in various cities of the country on 14th May 2018.
- The result of CLAT 2018 declares few weeks after the exam.
- Candidate can see their result from the official websites.
CLAT 2018 Counselling Details:
- The process of counseling starts from 10th June 2018.
- Candidates have to register themselves for the counseling process by paying the counseling registration fees.
- CLAT scores are often taken into consideration during admission into other private law colleges in India
- The candidates have to make the payment of adjustable counseling fee of Rs. 50,000/- deposited with the CLAT 2018 office.
- It will be transferred to the respective participating NLU where the candidate has finally taken admission after the closure of the entire counseling process.
CLAT 2018 Books:
- The list of important books which candidates can refer for scoring good marks in CLAT 2018.
- There are many books available in the market for CLAT 2018.
- Candidate can also refer different books apart from the books listed on the list.
- To know about the books click on Reference books.
CLAT Sample Papers:
- Candidates are advised to solve the sample papers of CLAT to know about the difficulty level of exam.
- Solving sample papers help the candidates to score good marks.
- Candidate can download some of the sample paper by clicking on sample paper.
CLAT 2018 Tips for Preparation:
- The first is to be positive and manage the time smartly.
- The best thing is to solve as many previous year questions as you can.
- There are many Droppers who apply for CLAT every year.
- Go to reference book for selecting best books for CLAT.
Courses offered by NLUs:
- B.S.W. LL.B. (Hons.)
- B.Com. LL.B. (Hons.)
- B.Sc. LL.B. (Hons.)
- B.A. LL.B. (Hons.)
- B.A. LL.B. (Hons.)
CLAT 2018 Test Series:
No of Questions
English including comprehension
General Knowledge/Current Affairs
Elementary Math ( Numerical Ability)
CLAT 2018 Important Dates
Important Date Summary for CLAT 2018
- 2nd January 2018 is the start date for CLAT 2018 application form.
- 31st March 2018 is the last date for CLAT 2018 registration.
- Admission for CLAT 2018 starts on the Fourth week of May 2018 to First Week of July 2018.
- Candidates can be downloaded their Admit Card from 20th April 2018.
- Examination of CLAT 2018 begins on 20th April 2018.
- Candidates can check their results 29th May 2018 onwards.
- Admission of CLAT 2018 will close on the First week of July 2018.
CLAT 2018 Eligibility
Eligibility Criteria Summary for CLAT 2018
- The Education Qualification for CLAT 2018 is 10th and 12th certificate from a recognized board or university are mandatory.
- Candidates who are awaiting their 10th and 12th results are eligible
- Minimum 45% marks to required to satisfy the eligibility criteria for CLAT 2018.
- The LLB degree from a recognized institute with minimum 55% is necessary for CLAT 2018 postgraduate courses.
- For ST and SC candidates and specially-abled student, the requirement of percentage is 50%.
- General Category age limit is 22years and for SC/ST- not less than 22years.
- Indian candidates and NRI's with Indian nationality is allowed.
- Failing to submit 10+2 results at the time of admission will be considered ineligible.
CLAT 2018 Application Process
Application Process Summary for CLAT 2018
- Candidates need to visit the official website of CLAT 2018 examination and fill out the Application form with the required details.
- SC/ST Certificates (if applicable), Domicile Certificates (if required), Birth Certificate, Passport size photographs, Uploaded signature documents required during application process.
- Candidates need to fill all the basic details and upload the mentioned document for CLAT 2018 registration.
- Candidates need to upload a photograph with clear lenses 30 mm x 45 mm and size should not more than 100 KB, JPG/JPEG format.
- Valid signature of the candidate should not be maximum 80 KB in JPG/JPEG format.
- Online payment is used to pay the registration fee.
- The acknowledged receipt can be downloaded in PDF format after completing the registration.
CLAT 2018 Application Form Details
Application Form Summary for CLAT 2018
- Through an online registration, candidates can apply for CLAT 2018 examination.
- Offline mode registration is not available for CLAT 2018 examination.
- From 2nd January 2018 till 31st March 2018 application form will be available .
- Before applying the form online candidates need to have the following scanned version of documents.
- Scanned passport size photograph is required for registration.
- Scanned signatures of candidates should be uploaded in the application form.
- Candidates should provide SC/ST certificate (if applicable) while registration.
- Candidates should provide Domicile certificate (if applicable) while applying.
- CLAT 2018 Examination Fee for registration.
- For general category, fee is Rs 4000/-
- For reserved category, fee is Rs 3500/-
- Through debit card, credit card, or net banking payment can be done online.
CLAT 2018 Admit Card
Admit Card Summary for CLAT 2018
- To download the admit card candidates should log into the official website, enter their application number and DOB.
- Admit Card hold information such as Date, time, location, roll number, the name of the candidate, name of the said candidate's parents, application number et cetera.
- Candidates need to verify details on the admit card before appearing for the exam.
- Two admit card candidates should carry while going to CLAT 2018 examination.
- In case of emergency, candidates are advised to take 3 or 4 printouts of admit card.
- Candidate should report 1 hour before prior to the commencement of exam.
CLAT 2018 Exam Pattern
Exam Pattern Summary CLAT 2018
- CLAT 2018 Exam will be for 2 hours duration.
- For both UG and PG exams, each right answer carries 1 mark whereas every wrong answer carries a negative marking of 0.25.
- PG course will have 150 questions which carry 150 Marks.
- UG course will have 200 questions which carry 200 Marks.
- Examining authority predefines examination pattern for undergraduate and postgraduate programs.
- Five section comes under UG courses CLAT 2018.
- Three section comes under PG courses CLAT 2018.
CLAT 2018 Syllabus
Syllabus Summary for CLAT 2018
- Exam paper will be divided into various sections in CLAT 2018.
- English Vocabulary, English Proficiency, English Usage Error come in the first section.
- General Knowledge and Current Affairs come under the second section.
- Elementary Mathematics, Commercial Maths, Modern Math come in the third section.
- The fourth section covers Legal Aptitude syllabus.
- Reasoning tests and Logic Tests covered in the last section of the syllabus.
CLAT 2018 Results
Results Summary for CLAT 2018
- CLAT 2018 Results will be announced on 29th May 2018.
- The results for CLAT 2018 will be available on the official website and can be viewed by the candidates online.
- The results will be uploaded two weeks after the examination has been conducted. Applicants will need their application number to log in and view the results.
- Applicants are required to enter their CLAT registration ID and password to get access to the results.
- Merit and preferences based admissions will be undertaken by the RGNUL (Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law) after the results are declared.
- Tie-Breaker for CLAT: If two candidates score the same results in the CLAT entrance exam, it is called tie-breaking. The procedure that will be followed in such cases is as follows:
- Candidates with higher marks in the section of legal aptitude and applicants with higher age will be considered first.
- There shall be a computerized draw of lot.
CLAT 2018 Counselling
CLAT 2018 Counselling Summary
- The university-wise first indicative list based on merit-cum-preference will be published on the CLAT 2018 official website.
- Payment of Counselling fee
- The publication of the second list having the names of the finalized candidates will be done after the payment of counselling fee.
- Publication of third list allotting seats to candidates
- Completion of admission formalities at the allotted NLUs.
- Publication of fourth and final allotment list.
- Completion of admission formalities at the allotted NLUs against fourth allotment list.