CUSAT 2018 Counselling
- The CUSAT 2018 Counselling will start after the few weeks of the result announcement for all the candidates that have qualified the exam.
- The counselling schedule will be updated on the official CUSAT CAT website.
- Call letters or any other communications is never sent to the candidate by post, they are informed through SMS on the number registered.
- During the counselling session, candidates have to register themselves for the specific academic programmes of the University.
- Also, at the time of counselling, candidates will be provided with a link that will help them in registering through the login portal.
- The registered candidates will be allotted seats as per their rank and availability of the seats.
The counseling process involves the following:
The first and the prime stage of the counselling procedure is the registration stage.At this stage, the candidates are required to enter the genuine details. If the candidate fails to register them on time, then they will be unable to participate in the counselling procedure.The details entered in the registration form should be correct and genuine.
2. Options entry:
In order to participate in the counselling procedure, the students need to enter their options as per their choice.For the options entry, the students need to enter their login credentials such as username and password and log in the account.The options available to them shall be displayed on the screen and the candidates can select the same as per their choice.This is the one – time facility for the students in which they have the opportunity to select the options.It is recommended that the students should place the most prior options on the top and then the rest one.Once the choices will be locked by the candidates, it will never modify or alter the same.These options play the important role in the seat allotment round.
3. Seat Allotment round:
Finally, the official authority processed the options entered by the students so as to allot the seats to them.This is the last and the final round of the CUSAT CAT 2018 Counselling. Basically, the seats will be granted to the students as per the choice of the student, the rank of the candidate and availability of seats at that rank.
The student with the higher rank will be given priority at the time of seat allocation. Also, the students whose rank is lower than that student will never think of bypassing him.The rank of the student plays the crucial role in the seat allotment round.