IIT JAM 2018 Syllabus
Syllabus Summary for IIT JAM 2018
The topics to be studied under the following seven subjects are as follows:
- Physics (PH): Simple Oscillators, Solid state physics-devices, and electronics, Modern physics, Kinetic theory, Thermodynamics, etc.
- Chemistry (CY): The main topics are as follows Organic Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, etc.
- Mathematics (MA): The main topics are as follows Real Analysis, Linear Algebra, Group Theory, Vector Calculus, Differential Equations, etc.
- Mathematical Statistics (MS): The paper has two parts. The mathematics syllabus is as follows Differential Equations, Matrices, etc. The statistics syllabus is as follows Testing of Hypotheses, Estimation, Sampling distribution, Joint distribution, etc. Statistics carries 60% weightage and mathematics carries 40% weightage.
- Biological Sciences (BL): The main topics are as follows Mathematical Sciences, General Biology, etc.
- Biotechnology (BT): This paper has questions from Physics (18% weightage), Mathematics (18% weightage), Chemistry (18% weightage) and Biology (44% weightage). The syllabus includes the topics studied in the 10+2+3 level.
- Geology: The main topics are as follows Applied Geology, Economic Geology, Petrology, Mineralogy, Stratigraphy, etc.