Eligibility Criteria for SBI PO 2018
The following criteria apply to candidates who want to write this SBI PO exam 2018:
- Candidate must obtain a graduation degree from any recognized university or an equivalent qualification recognized by the central government to satisfy the eligibility criteria for SBI PO 2018.
- Those who are in the Final year/Semester of their Graduation may also apply provisionally subject to the condition that, if called for an interview, they will have to produce proof of having passed the graduation examination on or before 01.07.2018.
- Candidates possessing the qualification of Chartered Accountant are also eligible to apply for SBI PO 2018.
- Candidate must not be below 21 years and not over 30 years as of 1 January 2018 for general category candidates to satisfy the eligibility criteria or SBI PO 2018.
- The age limit is relaxed for the reserved category: the upper limit for candidates of Other Backward Classes (OBC) is relaxed by three years.
- The upper limit of age for Scheduled Class (SC) and Scheduled Tribes (ST) has been relaxed by five years to satisfy the eligibility criteria.
- If the candidate is ex-servicemen, serving in the Short Service Commission or if they have served for five years in military service, the upper limit of age is relaxed by five years.
- Candidates domiciled in Kashmir Division between the 1st of January 1981 to the 31st of December 1990 have their upper age limit relaxed by five years.
- Relaxation of upper age limit has also been done for 10 years for VH/OH (general) candidates; 13 years for VH/OH (OBC) and 15 years for VH/OH (SC/ST) candidates.
- Pertaining to the VH/OH candidates who suffer from above 40 percent disability must have the relevant certificate issued by the Medical Board of Central Government of India.
For visually handicapped candidates, those with these cases will be eligible to apply for SBI PO 2018:
- Total absence of light
- Visual acuity not exceeding 6/60 or 20/200 (Snellen) in the better eye corrected by lens
- Limitation of the field of vision to 20 degrees or less
Candidates having locomotor disability or cerebral palsy amounting to a minimum 40% disability are eligible to apply under:
- BL: both legs affected but not the arms
- OA: only one arm affected with impaired reach, weakness in grip and ataxia
- OL: only one leg affected
- MW: muscular weakness with limited physical endurance.
- The date of passing eligibility exam will be the date appearing on the mark sheet or provisional certificate issued by the University/Institute.
- Candidates having Integrated Dual Degree (IDD) certificate should ensure that the date of passing the IDD is on or before 31st August 2018.
- Candidates possessing the qualifications of a Chartered Accountant may also apply.