Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test [TANCET]

TANCET 2018 Eligibility

Exam Date : 25th March 2018 To 26th March 2018
Result Date : 10th April 2018

Home > TANCET > Eligibility

Eligibility Criteria for the TANCET 2018

COURSE

ELIGIBILITY

MBA

Applicant must hold Bachelor’s degree with 50% of marks for General category & 45% of marks for reserved Category

(a) 10+2+3 years pattern

(OR)

(b) 10+3 years diploma+ 3 years pattern

(OR)

(c) B.E./B.Tech /B.Arch/B.Pharm

(d) 10+2+ AMIE

(OR )

10+3 years diploma(awarded by the State Board of Technical Education)+AMIE

MCA

Candidate must hold Bachelor’s degree from a recognized University of at least 3 years duration with mathematics as a major subject at class 12 level or graduate level

For General Category minimum percentage marks criteria is 50% and for reserved category 45% in the qualifying degree examination.

(a) 10+2+3/4 years Pattern

(or)

(b) 10+3 years diploma + 3 years Pattern

(c) (i) 10+2+AMIE*

(or)

(ii) 10+3 years diploma (awarded by the State Board of Technical Education) + AMIE

MCA(Lateral Entry)

Candidate must hold Bachelor’s degree in BCA/B.Sc(Computer science/Information Technology) from a recognized University with Mathematics as major subject in class 12 or at graduate level

For General Category minimum percentage marks criteria is 50% and for reserved category 45% in the qualifying degree examination.

  1. 10+2+3/4 years Pattern

M.E./M.Tech/M.Arch/M.Plan

a). Candidate must hold Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in the relevant field from a recognized category

For General Category minimum percentage marks criteria is 50% and for reserved category 45% in the qualifying degree examination.

(i) B.E / B.Tech. / B.Arch.

(or)

(ii) B.Pharm. / B.Sc (Agri. / Forestry / Horticulture / Fishery) degree programme.

(or)

(iii) Master’s Degree in the relevant branch of Science / Arts, which are prescribed.

(or)

(iv) M.Sc. (5 years) Integrated

(or)

(v) B.Sc. 3 years (Computer Science / Information Technology) and M.Sc. 2 years (Computer Science/ Information Technology

(vi) MCA (3 years) after 10+2+3 years bachelor’s degree.

(vii) MCA Lateral Entry (2 years) after 10+2+3 years degree in BCA or B.Sc. (Computer Science / Information Technology)

b).(i) 10+2+AMIE*

(or)

(ii) 10+3 years diploma (awarded by the State Board of Technical Education) + AMIE*

Note: 

  • Students outside Tamil Nadu can apply for the exam.
  • The total number of seats available for admissions in MBA, MCA, and engineering courses are expected to be around 18000, 17000 and 20,000 respectively, to be filled under government quota through a single window counseling.
  • A total of 69 % percent seats is reserved for SC/ST/SCA candidates while the rest 31% will be open for open category students i.e candidates from other states. 

Category

SEAT Allocation

Open Seats

31.00 %

Backward Class

26.50 %

Backward Class(minority)

3.50 %

Most Backward Class & Denotified Communities

20.00 %

Scheduled Caste

15.00 %

Scheduled Caste (Aruthathiyars)

3.00 %

Scheduled Tribes

01.00 %

 

TANCET 2018 Reservation of Seats:

  • Candidates must fulfill the eligibility criteria mentioned in the TANCET official website.
  • Candidates would be disqualified from appearing in the TANCET 2018 Exam if they fail eligibility criteria. 
  • The total number of seats available for admissions in MBA, MCA, and engineering courses are expected to be around 18000, 17000 and 20,000 respectively.
  • It would be filled under government quota through a single window counseling.

Overview of Eligibility Criteria for TANCET 2018:

Educational Qualification
For MBA, MCA and M.Tech/M.E/M.Arch/M.Plan - You must hold a Bachelor's degree of 3 years with a minimum of 50% (45% for reserved categories); For MCA (Lateral entry)- You must hold a Bachelor's degree in B.Sc with mathematics as a major subject in class 12 or at graduation level with a minimum of 50% (45% for reserved categories).
Domicile / Reservation
69% seats are reserved for SC/ST/STA candidates while the rest 31% are open for candidates from other states.

Discussion Forum View all 91 Questions

What is the eligibility criteria for the MCA(lateral) course?

Asked By: Anina M,
A Answer By: GetmyuniEnterprise

The eligibility criteria for the MCA(lateral) course is as below: -

  • The candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree in BCA/B.Sc(Computer science/Information Technology) from a recognised University with mathematics as a major subject in class 12 or at the graduate level.
  • The candidates should have scored a minimum of 50% marks in the qualifying examination (45% for reserved category candidates.
  • The exam pattern should be 10+2+3/4 years.
Read full answer

QTANCET 2017 MCA course

What is the eligibility criteria for the MCA course?

Asked By: Mitra Nayak,
A Answer By: GetmyuniEnterprise

The eligibility criteria for the MCA course is as below: -

  • The candidates must have a Bachelor's degree from a recognised university of at least 3 years duration.
  • The candidates should have had mathematics as a major subject in their class 12 level or graduate level.
  • The general category candidates should have minimum 50% marks and the reserved category candidates should have minimum 45% marks in the qualifying exam.
  • The educational qualification pattern is 10+2+3/4 years pattern or 10+3 years diploma + 3 years Pattern or 10+2+AMIE or 10+3 years diploma (awarded by the State Board of Technical Education) + AMIE.
Read full answer

i wanted to know where could i apply after writing TANCENT?

Asked By: Ranjith Khaire,
A Answer By: GetmyuniEnterprise

After obtaining your TACET results , based on this you can lookup at the following Universities for your further education:

  • PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore
  • Madras Institute of Technology, Chennai (Anna University)
  • Government College of Engineering, Coimbatore
  • Coimbatore Institute of Technology, Coimbator
  • Sri Sivasubramaniya Nadar College of Engineering, Thirupuror, Kanchipuram
  • Thiagarajar College of Engineering, Madurai and more.
Read full answer

QEligibilty for MBA

What is the eligibility criteria for MBA?

Asked By: Bhaskar Poorey,
A Answer By: GetmyuniEnterprise

The candidates applying for MBA should qualify the following criteria:

  • Applicant must hold Bachelor’s degree with 50% of marks for General category
  • 45% of marks for reserved Category
  • Should have passed either of the following:

(a) 10+2+3 years pattern

(b) 10+3 years diploma+ 3 years pattern

(c) B.E./B.Tech /B.Arch/B.Pharm

(d) 10+2+ AMIE

(e) 10+3 years diploma(awarded by the State Board of Technical Education)+AMIE

Read full answer

What is the eligibility criteria for GATE qualifiers?

Asked By: Dinesh Rao,
A Answer By: GetmyuniEnterprise

Given below is the eligibility criteria for GATE qualifiers:

  • GATE 2017 qualifiers are exempt from TANCET exam.
  • Candidates who qualified Engineering Science or Life Science of GATE 2017 must appear for TANCET 2017.
Read full answer

Can a person join any other college apart from Anna University through TANCET?

Asked By: Gagan W,
A Answer By: GetmyuniEnterprise

TANCET covers the following colleges apart from Anna University

- PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore
- Madras Institute of Technology, Chennai (Anna University)
- Government College of Engineering, Coimbatore
- Coimbatore Institute of Technology, Coimbatore
- Sri Sivasubramaniya Nadar College of Engineering, Thirupuror, Kanchipuram
- Thiagarajar College of Engineering, Madurai
- A.C. College of Technology, Chennai (Anna University)
- Kumaraguru College of Technology, Coimbatore
- Sri Venkateshwara College of Engineering, Kanchipuram

Read full answer

1